Keying Out The Green Screen Footage



I am now at the stage where I’m starting to put things together. The first thing I need to do is key out the green screen footage. As I have never done this before I found a good tutorial on how to do it as I wanted it to look as good as possible.

I found this fairly old tutorial on videocopilot.net 


It helped me a lot as when I first got into After Effects and applied Keylight 1.2. I still had a lot of unwanted data from the scene, as you can see below.














By changing the screen view to screen matte I was able to see the footage purely in black and white, and by adjusting the clip black and clip white I was able to remove any unwanted data.
I then followed the tutorial on and it taught me about the other things I would have to play around with to get a good shot. Things like the screen balance and screen gain, which helped remove any unwanted left over greens in the shot.

I used these settings in the end;
















And got this result;














Which for the time being I am happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment